Ake no Tobari Chapter 158

Nanaten here. So here's a rundown of what happened during my seminar: I chocked real hard during the Q&A session. My professor even asked a simple definition and I couldn't even utter a single sound. Other than that, the seminar went pretty well.

This week's video, I really want to talk about the Mushoku Tensei anime teaser trailer, but too lazy to make a video about it, so here's the actual trailer instead:
The teaser looks amazing. Those who read the novel and the manga will immediately recognize most of the scenes and characters. The cinematic look works well with this teaser. As you already know, my expectation was low when they first announced the anime adaptation. I was afraid that that the anime would skip major plots and or oversimplified the character design and such. But after seeing the teaser PV, I am rest assured about this adaptation.

Random stuff: for the past two weeks, I marathoned anime I never got to watch but has sequel this season, such as Chihayafuru and Kono Oto Tomare. I must say that I did not regret my decision, even at expense of not getting any work done the past two weeks.

About this chapter: the usual shout-out to Eva (and Mayu) for the always outstanding cleaning and typesetting. So here we are at the third part of Shimon's redemption arc. The outstanding part of this chapter is how Momochi Dori showcased just how threatening can Medo be. There's a reason why she's in charge of Magatoki's subordinates and it's not because of her noodles.

Speaking of which, this week marks Ake no Tobari's 5th anniversary. I remember when I first read this series. It was new year's eve 2016, and I was bored in my room waiting for the new year's countdown. Comico chapters were free to read back then. After reading Re:Life, I looked up other series to read and then I stumbled upon this series.

Many things have happened during that time: Reimei was chosen as the hottest male Comico characters in 2016, Momochi Dori was hospitalized, the series surpassed 200 chapters, the series was adapted into several other languages. My most memorable moment of this series was when I was able to cosplay as both Reimei and Tobari. It is the most memorable because I know I couldn't do it without the support of many fans of the series. So to you, I thank you. Also, please go to Momochi Dori sensei's twitter (@mo2chidori) to congratulate for the 5th anniversary.

So here's the Ake no Tobari chapter. Let me know in the comments if you find any mistake or error. Next week will be Umakawa update.

Ake no Tobari Chapter 158:

Shout out to this month's patrons:
Natalie Steffen
Natsidle
John Thor
Aja C.
Tobias Steinbach
Gregory
Vydricka
Tracy Umeda
MrIncognito
Vivant
First Last

Advertisement