Ake no Tobari Ch. 16


Nanaten here. My parents visited last night (thanks for the care package, Mom). I don't speak that much, so from the outside view, we seemed like communicating without words. At least, that's how I perceive it.

It got me thinking: while I'm sitting in my room up here in the mountains, life happens outside. There's a Japan culture festival that I'm missing out. It left me devastated for some ridiculous reasons.

Anyway, in this chapter, we see Kuize's motivation for killing yokai. Needless to say, Kuize and village chief are two of my least favorite characters. Yeah, that's right, I like the mysterious bad guy. His name was revealed on the latest arc, so that's gonna take a really long time till we catch up.

In case if you're asking about what Tsumugi is saying above, Setsubun is the day before the beginning of spring in Japan. There's a tradition of throwing beans to repel demons outside of people's houses. I don't have to explain the jokes here, right?

Advertisement