Ake no Tobari Ch. 1

Hello and welcome to my new translation project of Ake no Tobari (Dawn of Tobari). This is a Japanese webmanga from Comico. I first discovered this series on new year's eve. I was bored and decided to give it a read. One chapter lead to another, and now I'm translating it.

I just installed SmartOCR Lite, which saves so much time for me to translate this. I haven't use it since 2012 back when I was still working on CnR:KM. The software works perfectly detecting the texts, though I still use google translate for some parts.

This is the first time I'm working on this kind of manga and I hope it won't be the last. There're so many webmanga on Comico that deserve a little love. Mummy in My Home is an option, but I'll wait for someone else to do it since I probably won't do it justice.

As for the name Dawn of Tobari, I decided to use that instead of Tobari of the Dawn because the former is shorter. Just let me know if you can come up with better name. I also decided on using the word Yokai despite of using english term for everything else. (Edit: based on the result of the poll, the name is now Tobari of the Dawn)

I will be releasing new chapter at least once a week. I will also release other manga as well depending on the length of the chapter. Currently, I have finished translating more than 20 chapters and you can read the next chapter right now (or you can just go ahead to Comico website and read the japanese version ahead).

Edit (24/Jan/2017) Ver. 2 is up here.

Advertisement